Thursday 25 October 2007

The Spy

Being an idiot I got hooked on TradeMe.

Being a clever idiot, and lacking much in the way of an addictive personality, I got over it quite quickly.

Not before spending money on things I didn't really need though.

This however was not one of them.

This I most definitely needed.

It's my spy camera.

And this is some unsuspecting lass in the pub I went to the night I got the camera.

Here's what I shot it on. That pic (above) was with the camera and standard lens, whereas this pic (below) shows the camera, standard (24mm) lens mounted on the camera, the 18mm wide angle, the 50mm telephoto, and the motordrive. Crazy.

And here's the standard lens off the camera for a size comparison.

The unloaded camera with standard lens weighs in at a girlie 173grams. Nice. I took it cycling the other day, and didn't even notice the added weight. As a friend said, it's like the camera you'd get with a Photographer Barbie if there was such a thing - something neither of us would be aware of I hasten to add.

Are you jealous yet David?!

5 comments:

a camera in the world said...

ahhh, you got the one with the motor wind! now all you need is the flash and the other lens.

mmmmm, might be time for me to go hunting the second hand camera shops in Kowloon .........

microphen said...

yeah the 70 mm f/2.8 telephoto and 20-40 mm f/2.8 would be pretty cool. though i can probably live without them.

unless you find real cheap ones in your neck of the woods.

Anonymous said...

GEEKS

microphen said...

yeah!!!!!!!

you're just jealous cos you can't join in our geeky fun.

a camera in the world said...

Geek? maybe.