Monday 22 October 2007

The Sleeping

A friend sent me a link to a couple of photos she'd recently taken. One of them was a cool shot of a guy standing next to a brick wall. Nothing amazing about that. But what made the shot was the fact that he had his eyes closed and a really serene expression.

I was reminded of this shot I took a last month on one of my crappy 110 cameras.

I don't suppose I really have to mention the influence for this shot, especially as it's kinda embarrassing but it's here.

This is the immediately preceding shot. Nice bit of cheek sucking to add emphasis to the cheek bones. Freakin poser.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that's a compliment (I think). And is an interesting take on it too. I think I'll never take on board any criticism of yours hassling me for my work looking like anyone else’s again though... : )

microphen said...

it's not that interesting.

all i did was decide to shoot myself eyes closed cos you shot yourself kinda eyes closed and i knew i couldn't do the kinda eyes closed thing with that camera so i didn't i just did eyes closed which i don't normally do when i shoot myself.

i wouldn't take it as a compliment if i was you. it's just a photo.

Anonymous said...

oooohhhh sensitive... you're the one that brought it up... who would I be if I didn't comment aye! : )

microphen said...

sensitive?! nah, just being truthful.

my shot isn't that interesting. yours is scary.