Tuesday 16 October 2007

The Motorway

A week ago I decided to ride out to the Hutt. And I had the crazy idea of taking a camera with me.

I've done this trip hundreds, in fact thousands, of times over the years - mostly by car, lots by train, quite a few by bike, and at least once on foot. As long as I can remember I've always been fascinated by a little view on the left. But what with it being next to a motorway it's kinda hard to stop the car and get photos.

I'd done it once before, years ago, and got a really shit result. So I thought I'd try it again.

I got this.

This is in the same area, looking towards the quarry.
I also discovered a nice polaroid technique. It involves removing the (broken) light leak barrier from the front of the camera. The result being that umm ... light leaks into the camera. And thereby onto the film. The result being this nice colour shift and light exposure. Cool.

No comments: