Friday 22 June 2007

The Ones

As many of you know, I was out of town recently. And naturally, there were various tasks I was required to accomplish.

Firstly, take some photos. You know I did that because some of them have been posted here.

Secondly, buy a book or two. I did that too. I didn't buy it cos I really wanted it, but because it added to my library of contemporary NZ photography. It was this book. Enough said.

Thirdly, I had to get a new/old camera. I did that too. In Wanganui I met up with my mate Matt Couper and he took me to the secondhand shop across from his studio. They had a little camera there. I picked it up, was about to ask how much it would be and prepare to hand over my $2, when the women running the place said "just stick it in your pocket love." So I did.

Here's a photo of it.

Here's some more information on it - well there would be, but it's such a collectable camera that there doesn't appear to be any info on the web.

Here's a photo from it. A driveby heading north along the Desert Road. From a nice little $250,000 car.

And another photo.

And another. This one was at the car location out of Hamilton. Nice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, can you still get film for those cameras! shz

a camera in the world said...

I have always had a hankering for one of those Pentax 110 SLR's ..... I'm sure the image quality is outstanding.

microphen said...

oh yeah, you'd be surprised what you can find in palmerston north these days.