Friday 9 May 2008

The Random

Just some random stuff about me and my life cos I know you're all so interested.

A few months ago, at the National Library, there was an exhibition about Manapouri and the protest movement that is synonymous with the name. It was an interesting show to see if for no other reason than for it's mix of art and history.

As part of the show I saw a book which I never knew existed. I thought it looked interesting. An early (1960) New Zealand conservation treatise by J. T. Salmon. I tracked down a copy at Wellington Public Library, and then a purchasable copy at Bibliomania - fine books, fair prices indeed. It arrived the other day - five days after ordering it. This internet thing is great.

And the cover is so cool. Both of its time and timeless. A bit like the contents (if you ignore all the legislation and Government Department stuff).

And my latest project is getting some coverage. Not as much as we'd like of course. But at least some people are paying attention.

And, just cos I know you're all so very very interested, hockey is starting in earnest this weekend, i.e. the result actually means something. And Wellington Hockey has been kind enough to post the schedule for Round One. So here's my next few Sundays sorted for me.

Sun 11th May 2008 5:15 p.m. NHS1 Naenae 1 Petone 1
Sun 18th May 2008 1:00 p.m. NHS2 Naenae 1 Karori 1
Sun 25th May 2008 3:45 p.m. NHS1 Naenae 1 Victoria 2
Sun 8th Jun 2008 11:30 a.m. NHS2 Northern United 2 Naenae 1
Sun 15th Jun 2008 11:15 a.m. NHS1 Indians 2 Naenae 1
Sun 22nd Jun 2008 4:00 p.m. NHS2 Naenae 1 Harbour City/Tawa 2
Sun 29th Jun 2008 12:45 p.m. NHS1 Hutt 2 Naenae 1


Come along, join in the fun. It's a much more exciting and skillful game than rubgy. And you get the added bonus of (probably) seeing me get hurt. What more can you possibly want in a sports game?!

1 comment:

a camera in the world said...

good luck with the hockey, look forward to seeing the "damage photos"