Saturday 17 May 2008

The Candlelight

Well a call to my ISP sorted out that little problem, so now we're up and running again, close to full speed. Yay.

Tomorrow is the 25th Anniversary Candlelight Memorial.

Here are some shots I took during the Candlelight Memorial Parade in 2001.

It was the first proper shots I took for this project. Because what I wanted to do was rather sensitive, at the time of the parade I was still uncertain as to whether I'd get the go ahead for the project or not. It seemed silly to let this opportunity pass by, regardless of what happened with my project.

I've previously blogged this last year on World AIDS Day, but it's worth a revisit.

I may be there tomorrow night, depending on how I feel after hockey - sore, drunk, pathetic, etc. I feel kinda conflicted these days because my project didn't end in the best of circumstances, and while I'm still interested in the cause, and every now and then I bump into and chat to people I photographed, I didn't feel terribly welcome when I last went to an event. Admittedly that was some years back. So you never know, I may just pop along.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These have nice energy. You should do more people / doco stuff. They may have been defensive because you were photographing & not all of them knew your purposes ?