Wednesday 21 May 2008

The Food

I was recently looking through my disk drives and found a folder called, interestingly enough, 'scans'.

In it were lots of images, mainly taken around the time of my studies. At the beginning of the century.

These two were taken midway through the year one for the 'Studio' paper.

I really like this one. It's M&Ms and coffee beans (I think) in little sake bowls/glasses with a sake bottle in the background.

As we were taught by a commercial photographer he was keen on getting us to write a brief prior to shooting. For this assignment he decided that we weren't allowed to change our idea once we'd submitted our brief.

My brief idea was 'gourmet baked beans', which basically meant served in a soup bowl with parsley garnish and paprika artistically sprinkled around the plate. Baked beans cos it meant not needing to shoot freshly cooked food - thinking see.

Consequently I couldn't use the M&Ms image, even though it was better than the baked beans idea - better technically and as an idea. Still, that didn't stop me shooting it. Obviously.

I took this one early in the day. The wine, rose, and glass were all props from home. Still got much of the wine cos I don't drink enough - not by myself at home anyway.

In the early days of my studio photography I was very keen on low light, enough to record detail, while adding a certain mood. Now I don't do studio work at all.

No comments: