Thursday 29 May 2008

The Book

A couple of weeks ago I got a phone call.

It happens every now and then.

This one was from John Martin, the Parliamentary Historian.

He is working on a book about the Parliamentary Library, this year celebrating its 150th anniversary.

A few years ago I took some photos there, over the period of a couple of days.

John wants to use a crop of this one for the back cover. Cool.

These others will probably be in there somewhere. I think there may be a colour section in the middle.

The book is due for release in September, and there'll also be a reunion of current and ex-library staff.

Exciting. For some.

Maybe even for me seeing as I have spent about 8 years of my life working there off and on - usually off mind you.

3 comments:

tinks said...

The room in that top photo has the dubious and unofficial title of having the most paint colours used in any room in New Zealand!

microphen said...

hey tinks, you may well be right. it's been a while since i paid any attention to it (seeing as it's been a long while since i've been there), but it may well be pushing double figures for paint colours. they don't do anything be halves at parliament.

a camera in the world said...

nice. good shots. I only got in there once myself, but remember the colour scheme. i think a friend of mine might have done it .....