Friday 23 May 2008

The Graduation

Last week there were a few strangely dressed folk wandering around town, mainly in the vicinity of the Michael Fowler Centre.

My guess is it was graduation week.

I took these images in 2000, as part of an "Editorial" assignment, specifically 'The Decisive Moment'.

This young man was poking his tongue out prior to the parade from the Law School to Civic Square.


This young lady was amongst the parade walking into Civic Square. I don't know her. My guess is she saw my long lens and thought I was from the press, and seeing I was focussed in her direction, decided to respond to me. I bet she was disappointed the picture wasn't in the paper the next day.

I wasn't disappointed however, cos we were required to get 3 'direct gaze' images. This was a winner.

3 comments:

a camera in the world said...

A year later and you might have got me!

Anonymous said...

Both those shots look like they're taken in the 50's!

microphen said...

hey lady, is that a compliment?! i'll take it as one anyway.

and for the record, i wasn't even a glint in my parents' eyes in the 50's.

hey camera, if you had told me i might've been there. but, from memory, we didn't really meet properly until a bit later that year.