Saturday 17 February 2007

The Twizzer

There are times when I turn up to a new town (okay the town generally isn't that new, but it's new to the present me) and I'm just not inspired, but I feel an obligation to try and get a photo or two, just cos it's somewhere I've never been, or at least not been for many years, and don't know when I'm likely to be back there, and I have this need to place my mark on the town, create an image of it that is about me - the photographer, the tourist, the artist, the witness - as much as it is about the town itself.

Twizel was one of those towns.

It was probably the third visit before I kind of 'got' anything. In fact, I 'got' this.

Then a little later, probably a day or two later, I got these.

Again with the continuing motif.

2 comments:

a camera in the world said...

Twizel? I have nothing but bad memories of that place. It's weird and strange. Sort of a place that doesn't seem to really exist.

microphen said...

oh it exists alright. i have the photos to prove it. it is a strange town, but then with its history it would be. i kinda grew fond of it, but mainly cos it there, along with various people, not because it's a cool place.