Thursday 1 February 2007

The Bees

Last week I was taken to the Wairarapa. I was kinda acting as a guide on a location reccie, kinda just a long for the ride cos I hadn't been over all year. Naturally I took my new camera, and a roll of trannie, along for the ride.

After a brief stop in Carterton, we headed to Martinborough. Along the way way saw this great field. Stop. Grab cameras. Get out the car. Let the dog out. Wander into the field. Go 'crikey, there's a few bees around eh?'.

Take photos of the pretty flowers.

And more photos. Get too close to the hives. Annoy the bees. Get mobbed by bees. Walk away. Still mobbed. Try to get rid of them. Get stung - 3 times on the shoulder, and a couple on the scalp. Walk further away.


Get in the car and speed off, hoping that no bees have joined you in the car. Be grateful that you no longer seem to be horribly allergic to bee stings. Enjoy the rest of the day.

Now, those of you with little else to do will probably already have picked up on the similarity with a posting by Sharyn last week. Purely coincidental, let me assure you. As is this later posting by her - a rather nice shot actually.

No comments: