Friday 23 February 2007

The Dog

I like icons - sometimes. The amount of times I come across a memorial or monument or public structure I would like to photograph and discover that the people who designed it clearly weren't thinking about the needs of photographers when they designed it is staggering.

Case in point. This dog. All information clearly specifies that this is not a memorial to James McKenzie's dog Friday, but for "working collie dogs, such as Friday". You can read this for a bit of light entertainment about McKenzie. Go on, I dare ya.

See what happens when the can't control things!! The bloody dog walks out of frame.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Nothing is known of the man after he paid his passage and sailed for Australia from Lyttelton in January 1856"

Bullshit! For the TRUE story of what happened to McKenzie in his later years, refer to "The Lovelock Version" (I think) by Maurice Shadbolt, a difinitive work of New Zealand history.