Friday 16 February 2007

The Personal

It's been a strange week, what with relationships founded, and relationships reinvigorated, and it being Valentines and all. Love in all its guises has been the over-riding theme.

Then there's the ongoing, and somewhat enlivened, battle between the romantic and the cynic, the optimist and the pessimist. And the wonderful rediscovery of music that seems to have been made for weeks like this. (Great Lake Swimmers has to be one of the best ever band names too, and with great lyrics as well, even ones that fit this week's optimistic pessimism - sleeping is the only way sometimes / to live in a perfect world - you can't go wrong.)

One of those reinvigorated relationships has been with my old friend Jodi. We haven't spent a great deal of time together over the past couple of years, but she's been in Wellington this week working on her latest show, and we've been able to hang out and spend valuable time together. And it has been wonderful.


I, well the cynic in me anyway, wanted to move on from the ghastly romanticism of the last few posts, but it seems I'm stuck in this pleasant headspace, surrounded by love. Long may it continue!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh Shucks Andy.... I'm like um kind've feeling guilty for taking the piss out of you for the last week or so while you've been away and defensless... okay maybe not. But I figured I should actualy comment on this post seeing as I am like kind've the subject and all.

microphen said...

yeah, about bloody time too