Monday 24 March 2008

The Shopper

Sometimes friends are nasty. You do something as innocuous as showing them around the Newtown secondhand shops and what happens?

You end up buying the very thing your friend was looking for, only you end up buying a more expensive one. Nice. Thanks Shazza.

Mind you, I have been looking for a reading chair for quite some time. So yay. Oh, and what an awesome lamp.

It's happened quite a few times over the years where I've accompanied someone on a shopping mission, with no intention of buying myself, and end up spending more money than they do. Life's just not fair somedays.

And here's another shot with that awesome lamp (authentic Moroccan, camel skin and henna, bought by me in Marrakesh and brought back to NZ seated next to my folks on the plane) and an awesome photo.

And as an added bonus, my new chair came with a $2 coin between the arm and seat. Awesome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, man, you had a $2 coin in your's. That makes it only $3 more expensive than mine. Actually you chair looks a lot more comfortable than mine does now. It's devoid of covering. The arms are wobbly because they have no glue left to attach them to the frame. There was some borer which I've now treated. I didn't find a mouse in the straw filling though. there was an older cover underneath the top one, so I had to take out double the tacks!

microphen said...

oh it's good. it's comfy. it was a great purchase. sounds like you had a fun easter then.