Tuesday 4 March 2008

The Famous

Finally I'm being associated with famous artists - well world famous in New Zealand artists (to coin a phrase).

My money is on Fiona or Ronnie, with Julian and Francis as long shots - though of course we don't know the other six contenders yet.

To be fair, while I am artist/curator, my proposal is for a specifically themed group show of New Zealand photography involving an unspecified number of photographers. If anyone's got a spare $450,000 or so lying around I'd love to do the show somewhere, sometime.

It was kind of a fun process to go through, even knowing that our chances of winning "Artsing With The Stars" were next to zero. I was making a statement about the process, the Biennale, and stuff (apologies for the curatorspeak nonsensical nomenclature).

I'm still waiting for my rejection letter.

Hurry up CNZ, don't leave me hanging like this!!

It's nice of Jim Barr and Mary Barr to be doing a bit of Art agitation for us too via their regular blog.

The above image has no real relation to any of this, nor is it indicative of the work likely to be in my show, though it isn't non-indicative either. It is however strongly related to this and this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your name seems to be missing a set of brackets that contains a big wanky instituition name within. Oh well... Quite a few photographers names included in that list.

microphen said...

that's cos i am a big wanky instituition all by myself. i don't need to take on the name of any other big wanky instituition. i'm that special.