Tuesday 25 September 2007

The Secret

Cos I'm a secretive guy, I don't really give too much away about what I'm working on at any given time. Honestly, regardless of the openness I seem to display here I still hold a lot awfully close to my chest. Secretive, see.

Anyway, because of that most of you won't know about my involvement in this. Apparently IntensCITY 2007 is a week-long programme of events aimed at celebrating Wellington's urban spaces.

Here's the cover of the booklet. If you see one around town, pick one up.

While it doesn't actually state it anywhere, I 'curated' a part of the programme. The part shown below in fact.

And by 'curated' I mean I organised (most of) the photographers. (John came on at the 11th hour, and while it was my idea to include him, it wasn't me who approached him for reasons I now forget.) But it seems that curation and organisation are often one and the same (I've certainly been in some poorly curated, but well organised shows), and if I can add the IntensCITY 2007 Urban Critique to my (growing) list of curatorial experiences then that suits me fine. (Wow, that paragraph was parenthesis heaven (or overkill depending on your point of view).)

And if you can't get your hands on a copy of the book, but want to check out the art anyway, here's the map. You will notice, naturally, that I have included my own work in the show. It's good to see some of it out there - this stuff especially.

Of course, because I am blogging this now - even though it went up last week - a number of sites have already been hit by nasty people wanting to destroy all our hard work. Admittedly that was the hope, but I'd suggest if you're at all interested in seeing it, do it soon cos it may not last for much longer.

No comments: