Saturday 22 September 2007

The Scarred

A few years ago, May 2003 to be exact, I underwent minor surgery. Here's the result. Nice.

I had a mole above my right eye, and while it wasn't a melanoma, and wasn't the right sort of mole to indicate skin cancer, it had grown significantly over the previous few years, and I had two doctors (a GP and a dermatologist) tell me that while it was never going to be harmful, it was best to get rid of it cos if I didn't I'd spend the rest of my life having to answer other doctors' questions about it.

That's great reasoning from our medical fraternity - get rid of it now so we don't piss you off later.

Needless to say I bought their reasoning and had the surgery, hence the photos. There's still a little of the scar remaining, but it has always been kinda hidden by the arm of my glasses - handy things them.

In other completely unrelated news, my latest review is now online at Lumiere.

No comments: