Friday 28 September 2007

The 3200

For a while now I've been thinking about doing a project with the 4x5. A special project. A project based around the fact that I'm handholding the camera. I'm kinda thinking street photography stuff, almost certainly I'd take a more traditional documentary approach.

The one idea I had would have required me shooting in low light. Handheld! On 4x5!!

So with that in mind I thought I should do a wee film test thing. These shots are taken on TMax400 pushed to 3200 (so that I can shoot at 1/500th and thereby, hopefully, negate any camera shake). The exposure was off cos I was really close focussed and didn't take into account any bellows factor, but besides that it all worked. There's a nice graininess on the film - not that you can really tell here. And we all know the reason for shooting large format is to accentuate the grain, don't we.

No comments: