Thursday 7 February 2008

The Fire

What with the Patea Freezing works burning down on Tuesday night, I was reminded of my visit(s) there.

After taking that photo, and meeting the then farmer using the land, I got his permission to jump the fence and wander around - so long as I was careful seeing as the place was falling apart and stuff. I told him if he saw my car still there in a couple of hours then assume that I'm lying inside somewhere badly hurt.

I wandered around and shot a roll of film on my old Agfa Isolette. Unfortunately I was still on my cross-processed trip, so the photos are somewhat ruined by that horrible little fad.

Here's a selection for you.

Okay so that was eleven of the twelve shots - that's still a selection ain't it?!

A year of so later I also made a work there for this series.

There's another piece of history gone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the cross pro is very pleasing tones in some of them. I like the close up window frame & smoking sign - great crunchy grain & the mystery... !