Monday 11 February 2008

The Cuties

For ages now (it seems like years cos well I guess it has been years now) I've been sporadically scanning family photos and things for the wall of shame Mum intends putting up at their place.

I've scanned all my paternal grandfather's slides, reprinted all my maternal grandfather's war photos (cos I didn't have a scanner then), and scanned numerous and various other shots of family from various generations - mainly from my mother's side.

I even set up a blog to post some of my grandfathers' photos, but as you can see I haven't done that yet. Maybe one day. When I feel I have much more time on my hands.

These photos, however, just had to be posted.

Aaawwww, ain't they cute.

The same three but in different order. A couple of years later. In Christchurch. At Mum's parent's house. One Christmas. (I like the roman sandal tan lines on the little blondie's feet.)

And all the grandkids as they existed at the time, which sadly isn't on any of the photos but my guess is 1975. I did think 1976, but that was when the floods happened and we went to Whitemans Valley for Christmas not Christchurch.

Anyway, here's the names just in case you're really that interested.

Stephen, Janine, Andrew, Timothy, Amanda, Geoffrey, Craig. (Initally I thought Amanda was Neil, but in another photo the baby is on Aunty #2's knee, so I'm assuming that makes Aunty #2 the baby's mum which makes the baby Amanda not Neil.)

4 comments:

a camera in the world said...

nice, you look so, ummm, angelic or something.

Anonymous said...

I think those bowl cuts make you look like devil children!

Can your mum do my hair some time?

Anonymous said...

heee heee hee hee haaa hee

oh that makes me so happy to laugh at you like that... ha

microphen said...

cool, so we look both devilish and angelic.

i'll have you know, miss sparkle beam, that mum didn't cut our hair, we went round to a random woman's house and she attacked us like that.

and, who's laughing at who now?!