Wednesday 21 November 2007

The Poor

Yesterday I went for a wee ride. I got so knackered I almost collapsed in a heap of exhaustion when I tried getting off my bike at the gate. It was great fun. Oh, and I shot more for a new series.

For a couple of years now David has been talking about his poorly remembered childhood.

I liked the idea so much I've been tempted to steal it wholesale on numerous occasions - idea, title, style, just different subject matter. But I think that'd be a bit rude.

Ripping off a famous photographer is one thing. Ripping off a friend is another entirely.

So instead we get my "A Poorly Focussed Life".





There is good reason why my life is so poorly focussed though. I was a bit suspect about buying this camera cos it was sold 'as is where is', and being the suspicious bugger I am I suspected that meant it was knackered.

On getting it home and unwrapped, I found that it smelt of mothballs, and only the 18mm lens was knackered. "Phil Jacobs" I thought.

Now I'm thinking "rather than ruin the soft focus (as in no focus) of this lens, let's just track down one in better order".

Oh yeah, and my latest review is up, in which I completely rubbish a book. I'm becoming the consummate reviewer - never happy.

No comments: