Friday 2 November 2007

The Siblings

I have a friend. I don't like him much. He works at a camera store. And he makes me spend lots of money.

A few weeks ago I popped in to pick up something irrelevant and asked him whether he'd checked out The White Stripes website lately. Being a band photographer type of guy he thought maybe they'd used one of his images.

Sadly, I had to inform him they had not. At least not as far as I knew.

There was another reason to go there. An entirely different and awesome reason.

Needless to say, a week later I was spending money I really shouldn't have been spending. All thanks to this friend.

Yeah okay it was my own fault for telling him, but between us we have the set. Awesome.

See that's his Jack and my Meg above. And here's more of my Meg. But not all of her.


My Meg is a Diana. (That'll mean something to one or two of you .)

I would have unpacked the Jack Holga but seeing as it's not mine I thought I should leave that privilege to the owner. You'll have to do your own research to find out what it looks like, and what extra crap comes with it.

Be sure to come back soon, cos I'm bound to shoot at least one roll of film on Meg before packing her up and keeping her and her box in minty fresh condition. Not that I'm a sad bugger or anything.

And for something completely different, here's the coolest website ever.

2 comments:

a camera in the world said...

....that ring flash thing is tempting ....

microphen said...

yeah but its a rather awkward contraption, and it doesn't sync with the diana or my holga (have to fire manually!!) and it doesn't really fit my 35mm. other than that it's great.