Friday 9 November 2007

The Lady

Here we have the shots from my latest (stupid) purchase.

Being a very complicated device - by placing one of a number of black plastic frames inside the back of the camera you determine how many shots you get on a roll of film - I made a rather tragic mistake. One not without a certain amount of artiness it has to be said, but a mistake all the same.

And the complications don't end there. This camera allows a myriad of shooting options. Okay, if I could remember my permutation rules from 7th form I could tell you that the myriad is only about maybe twenty or so different combinations at most, but I can't so I won't.

However this shot uses the lensless pinhole.

And the non-lensless pinhole. That is pinhole aperture with lens attached.

And standard lens and aperture. Probably the sunny day aperture because it was a sunny day.

I especially like the small 'hair' of plastic at the bottom of the frame.

I have, however, now removed it from the camera so I won't have to spend further hours wondering where/how the annoying bugger got there.

And in case you were wondering the title refers to the camera, not the memorial which is in fact the newly(ish) relocated Wakefield Memorial at the Basin Reserve.

2 comments:

a camera in the world said...

ahh holga and quality control.

Whats with the density change along the edges? looks interesting.

microphen said...

firstly its a diana! a very important distinction i'm sure. some people would get very upset if one confuses expensive crappy plastic cameras. it's like calling a konica a ricoh.

read the second paragraph. it has to do with film wind on. makes cutting the film rather tricky.