Friday 4 May 2007

The Perspective

Man I love my job. Some days.

Yesterday afternoon, for example, I wandered the streets for an hour or so looking for a wallet. A very specific wallet.

At one hip wee store I found some lovely wallets, but they didn't meet my requirements.

At another hip wee store, I found some more lovely wallets. Again they didn't meet my requirements, but these ones were funny.

I like this wee little let's-just-put-your-life-in-perspective ditty.

ART WILL SAVE THE WORLD RIGHT AFTER ROCK-N-ROLL

Yes, really I am just a wannabe rock'n'roll star out to save the world.

Then there's this one.

TODAY I AM ARTIST/ TODAY I AM CHEMIST

AS A CHEMIST THERE IS A REAL POSSIBILITY YOU'LL INVENT SOMETHING

And I was so close to becoming a chemist (okay, a biochemist) too. But instead I decided to be an artist.

And get shot down by cool merchandise!!

Oh my fragile psyche is collapsing under it's own weight.

Right now I'm off to the Hawkes Bay for a couple of days, back in town for one night, then off to the Wairarapa. Leading the busy life of the photograhic assistant.

Oh, and a picture, seeing as this is a kinda photoblog thing. Check out that perspective!!


And for something rather wacky check out this from my friend Jodi.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) i see the sea in the distance.. :)