Sunday 23 April 2006

The Motel


This image was taken in the same small town you tend to drive through and ignore - until you need dinner or coffee or a toilet - as the previous shot. But on a completely different occasion, a couple of years earlier, a couple of days after I bought my Hasselblad. I decided to overnight in this town as there was a road east of it which I wanted to tackle and didn't know how long it'd take me to do the drive so wanted to start it in the morning. Being one of those small towns you tend to drive through and ignore - until you need dinner or coffee or a toilet - it closed down completely in the evening. (I didn't make it as far as the cafe/restaurant masquerading as a delicatessen - don't even know if it was around then.) I just made it to the New World with minutes to spare - they closed ridiculously early, 7.30 or so!!. So I took photos - naturally enough seeing as I'm a photographer. This one was from the door to my motel room. That may have been my balcony, or maybe my neighbour's. Anyways I like the shot, and I just noticed my car in the background - nice.

No comments: