Saturday 2 January 2010

The Folk

Alongside doing a trillion other things today (okay, maybe that's an exaggeration), I've been kinda tidying the office (long overdue). And I came across the above photos.

Many years ago I was up at a friend's house (when he still lived in this fair city) and he decided that we would each photograph the other. It may have been a test shoot for something or other (I can't really remember as it was many years ago).

Anyway, the above photos were made using a 4x5 camera (or it may have been an 8x10 camera with a 4x5 reducing back - I can't really remember as it was many years ago). The negatives, once developed, were contact printed together to create the above image.

One could suggest it says many things about the relationship of the two people in the image one could if one so wished.

1 comment:

a camera in the world said...

It was a 45x4 and I we were trying out a soft focus lens. And I think I was really interested in "negative space" in portraits at the time. Still am I suppose.

Happy New Year bro.