Wednesday 13 January 2010

The Firsts

Here are a selection of images from the first film I developed all by myself.










And here's a copy of the first negative I ever turned into a real photograph all by myself.

They were all shot at the beginning of 2000 on the second day of my first photography course.

We went on a day trip to shoot two rolls of film, then went back to school, developed them, and selected a print to make.

The above image was selected for me to print by one of the teaching staff. He liked the different textures.

Interestingly, at the end of this year I decided that I might start a series (ironically) referencing postmodern photography about photography. The series would consist of mildly abstract black and white photos emphasising contrast in light, textures, etc. Kinda like a heap of them photos up there.

No comments: