Monday 28 December 2009

The Cherry

In March I'll have been in my current house for four years - time flies when you're wasting your life away. (As an aside there is now scientific proof that time does actually fly when you're having fun).

So I've been here for 3 Christmases and I noticed an exciting first on Christmas day just past.

When I moved in one of my neighbours told me about the trees in my backyard - from left to right, pear, cherry, peach.

I've never had any trouble with the pear and peach trees. Except for all the fruit that ends up rotting in the backyard cos I'm too lazy to regularly pick the ripe fruit.

But on Christmas day just past I noticed some little red things on the cherry tree - actual real honest-to-god cherries!

Naturally the cherries are all well out of picking range so will provide a nice dietary change for the local bird population. In fact since taking this photo, none of these cherries remain.

And of course the peach and pear trees are going strong as ever, getting ready to provide a bit more compost to the backyard.

No comments: