Wednesday 25 March 2009

The Leak

Forgive my ignorance, but do you think I'd be right in suggesting that maybe this film holder is a little leaky?

It kinda ruins the image I feel.

This was one of those films which had been sitting around for over a year before processing. A lot can happen in a year. Even to a humble slice of photographic film.

This shot was ruined not so much by a light leak as by an idiot accidentally pulling the darkslide out exposing a portion of the film to a little too much light.

I have previously blogged these shots - but in a different format, by a different photographer. It's kinda cool.

And here's what that top location looks like in colour, without light leak, and closer up.

I'm going back one day.

4 comments:

a camera in the world said...

Well, I kinda like the abstraction of the first one.

microphen said...

YOU PEOPLE JUST DON'T GET ME!!!!

other folk have said they quite like that one too.

but you know that series is about no abstract things. its about making 'perfect' images. and stuff.

i say screw you, i'm getting my toys and going to play elsewhere!

a camera in the world said...

ah, but only God makes perfect images, hence the stricture against graven images and all that, so, well, you are fighting a losing battle there.

And I still like the image.

So there.

OK, where are my toys........

microphen said...

HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST THAT I'M NOT A GOD!!

the cheek.