Saturday 28 June 2008

The Synchronicity

Some days are just weird.

The other day, for example, I was downtown doing stuff, nothing important, library, po box etc. I decided to pop into Photospace to have a chat with James.

Who should be there when I turned up, but David ex-NZCP. So we have a chat.

Then Catherine and Simon from Thermostat pop in - big surprise seeing as they live in Palmie. Catherine asks me about this thing I applied for a while back. Funnily enough I'd received something from those people that very day. So I open the envelope to find the (completely expected) rejection letter. Oh well. There's always next year.

Then Gabrielle turns up. So we chat.

And all this time James is thinking about the shoot he has to do later and probably wondering why everyone choose that day to pop in.

And then I get a phone call. About a job - a real job - for which I'd been interviewed a couple of days before.

And I leave and I still haven't managed to have the conversation with James I went there to have.

What makes it even crazier is that the same day I had my job interview here, a good friend had a job interview in Palmie. And on this particular day we were both offered the job we interviewed for.

It seemed like the universe was lining things up for us. It was kinda weird. Kinda cool.

Then a couple of days later I got offered a short-term position and suddenly I've gone from having too much time on my hands to not having enough time and not being able to continue the paid work I've been surviving on for the last few years. Ironically, the last few weeks have been quite good work-wise, and the work I'm set to do (probably) won't be as financially rewarding, just more regular.

So despite my best efforts I ain't going to Berlin this year, or Venice next year (though you all knew about that). I am, however, going to The Terrace and to Vivian Street for a while.

Cool. And awesome. Maybe.

No comments: