Thursday 5 June 2008

The Super

Yet another bloody idea which I got bored with. Or something.

Actually with this it was partly because I broke my projector while pretending to fix it. And partly because I sent my camera swimming out at Titahi Bay, and it took ages to find a decent replacement (which I don't think I've actually shot anything on). And partly because I got bored.

From memory the reason I was trying to fix my projector was because it wasn't turning properly. The film slowed to the extent that the projection bulb melted it. That's why I ended up with fragments of length to play with. And being a hoarder I couldn't exactly chuck them out.

The idea was to shoot lots of Super 8 and make still images from portions of meant-to-be moving film.

Okay, so it's not exactly a new idea. And I only ever made these two images. But it's still an idea. And one I may revisit again sometime.

Once I get my projector fixed.

If I can be bothered.

1 comment:

a camera in the world said...

I like the idea, but then i would.