Wednesday 12 December 2007

The Digital

Ages ago I thought I made some declaration about posting no digital shots here. After a quick search of the archives it would appear I made no such declaration. Good thing too, as I've since broken said rule numerous times and am about to break it again. At least I would be breaking it again had I made such a rule which it appears I didn't.

I did, however, declare "You will never see a picture of anybody on this blog. I hate people. That's why I photograph." At least I've been honest enough to stick blindly and faithfully to that.

So anyway, this morning, with digital camera in hand, I was wandering off to the lounge to get a quick reference shot of some work for a meeting a couple of hours later, and inadvertently took this.

"Ooh" I said (to myself), "That's quite nice."

Then of course I uploaded the RAW file and converted it, and went (as I often do) "how come things look so much better on the tiny screen on the camera than on my desktop?!".

Oh well. It's still quite nice - especially after a bit of tweaking of contrast and saturation. Absolutely meaningless and pointless, but that's exactly what digital cameras are for.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LIAR

microphen said...

am not

a camera in the world said...

I like it. It reminds me of one of those first and/or second shots on a roll of film,you know, the "wind on" ones. I have long periods of time when they are the best ones on the roll when they come back from the lab.

Anonymous said...

are too