Saturday 15 December 2007

The Bird

I just got an email from Little Ross of the Bird Nest Roys. This internet thing is so awesome man.

He said:

It is Little Ross lead singer/songwriter of the about to be reunited for one night only gig supporting our old mates Ghost Club at the Rising Sun on Aucklands K Rd, on Jan 2/ 2008...yep, have been roped into doing it!! Should be pretty good though as we have the odd plays for fun, and even though we dont look the same(me especially!!!think fatter, older, greyer) we still sound as good..

So ... um ... guess where I'm hoping to be on January 2.

In that thing I wrote for Public Address I neglected to say that when I was chatting to Pete he said that they had started playing together again. They had reconvened as another band but were talking about doing BNR stuff. It was early days (August 2006) and he didn't know what was going to happen. And as I didn't know what had happened I didn't want to be advertising an event that wasn't going to happen.

I'm also guessing that Ross won't mind me spreading the word to the six of you who read this.

Road trip time.

Awesome.

And then there's Low playing January 9, which I'm kinda resigned to missing, and the Big Day Out on January 18 - yay Arcade Fire.

So three weeks in Auckland huh. That'll be expensive.

No comments: