Sunday 18 March 2007

The Church

It's Sunday. So here are a couple of shots of a church.

Not just any church mind you.

It's the church where three generations of my family are buried - well two are buried, the third was sprinkled.

It's St James Church, just north of Kaikoura. It's now a studio space for local artists it seems. Not that there's ever been anyone else there when I've been wandering around.

This is the shot I was there for. It's the grave site where three generations of my family are buried - well two are buried, the third was sprinkled.

I've just spent the last week, off and on, in the darkroom processing all the black and white film I shot in January. I learnt a few things. 1) processing with deep tanks sucks, 2) I do indeed have some leaky film holders, 3) fix gets exhausted faster than I thought, 4) I need to be much better organised next time I go on a similar sized shooting spree.

Learning is good.


Special Added Bonus:

Same church, different year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooh moody clouds and gravestones!

I feel my inner goth stirring

Pretty.