Sunday 3 August 2008

The Viewer

The last couple of weeks I've been trying to ignore the NZ International Film Festival. Much like I've been ignoring this blog. Having an annoying cold for some of the time certainly helped.

But this weekend I've been getting into it. Albeit briefly. And there's been a musical theme. Be Kind Rewind was brilliant. And moving. But then its Michel Gondry so I wouldn't expect anything less. And vaguely about Fats Waller.

Last night we did the superb double feature of Pete Seegar : The Power of Song and Anvil : The Story of Anvil. After watching the last minutes of the All Blacks demolishing Australia, watched the Nick Drake doco A Skin Too Few on DVD.

And, for the record (cos I know you care), I've also seen review copies of Patti Smith : Dream of Life and The Cool School on DVD, and I Just Didn't Do It. Reviews may make it online sometime but that's not my call.

Three quite different docos about three quite different artists. But all well worth seeing. For quite different reasons. And regardless of musical taste.

So yeah, I've been doing stuff. Like real regular type jobs. And ignoring this blog. It's funny how easily it slips when I get busy. This weekend has been marking first assignments. I was dreading it, but it's not too bad really. We'll see what happens when they get their results though.

And the photo has nothing to do with anything. I just saw it again and decided to throw it in cos it's kinda cool, but sloppily composed. The very thing we tell our students off for.

No comments: