Saturday 26 April 2008

The Worthless

As much as I've been known to diss digital phtography even I admit it has it's good points.

The other day I was out doing some location scouting and on my way home I pulled out the camera and had a play.

I could easily have had the same play with a film camera. But it would have cost me money. And I would have had to wait to see the results. And try to remember how I made each image.

With digital some of this is negated. Though not the need to remember how I made each image.

Not that these images have any value to me beyond the fact that I took them walking home the other day and decided to post them here.

In a way it is just all too easy. Too easy to get worthless and pointless shots. At least when you're paying for film you're likely to take a more considered approach to wasting a hunk of film you've had to pay for.

And a nice not-so-much-of-a-play shot to end with. Cos I like the park. There's something quintessentially antipodean about it what with the eucalypts and the rugby posts.

And I had my digi on me that day.

No comments: