Sunday 1 April 2007

The Fun

We humans are a strange breed. The things we do for fun ...

For example I am currently sporting a strange growth on my shoulder cos I think it's fun to put my body in the path of a little ball going faster than the speed of light.

Usually it is fun. Today, however, it hurts.

Last night I was at the Wellington City Gallery having my ears pummelled beautifully by The Dead C (watch the video, it's great). To some folk the noise these boys create would be just ... um ... noise. And horrible noise at that. To me, and most of the hundreds there last night, it is a glorious noise. And it confirmed for me that their recordings really don't capture the gloriousness. It was fun.

On Friday night, just for a change, I saw Kiri Te Kanawa and the NZSO. I enjoy classical music, though I don't partake that often. I dislike opera. Unless, naturally, it is an opera. Kiri didn't do it for me. Just the fact that she was standing and singing was dull. I wanted drama. I wanted action. The NZSO did rock though, as usual.

I'm sure most of the people there thought it was fun. The funnist part for me was the fact that I got in free cos I was working. It meant that in the boring bits I could pretend I had something better to do rather than go to sleep - which I very nearly did.

And, in case you're slow on the uptake, I think it's fun taking photos. Here's one I prepared earlier.

No comments: