Monday 16 April 2007

The CEO

I got a rude email today from a 'friend' (a true friend would be understanding and not rude) asking "Well what's the point of reading your blog if you don't update it!!!". (That's more of a statement than a question really, but you get the point.)

I admit I have been rather tardy of late. But I'm a busy man. A very busy man.

After an 8am start last Wednesday to set up a shoot, I picked up a car at 3pm and drove to Te Awamutu - cos that's where I decided to stop as it was late and getting near stop driving time. Early Thursday I drove to Auckland, had a meeting with my gallerist up there, and met some colleagues to pick up some cars for a shoot, and headed to Hamilton - cos that's where we decided to stop as the weather wasn't suitable for photography.

Friday we drove back to Wellington cos the weather wasn't suitable for photography, and had the excitement of having one of our cars hit by a falling branch and smash the windscreen. This on a car that we collected straight off the boat and had only done 350km when the branch hit. Black car! Friday the 13th!!

Saturday, back in Wellington, we spent thirteen hours in the studio trying to shoot the damned cars. Sunday, I had a day off, which was taken up with hockey (2 games), and a bush walk with a friend. Today, I've just done ten hours in the studio trying to shoot the damned cars (very trying).

So anyway, now that I've explained my absence, here's a picture.

It was taken a couple of weeks ago by my friend and colleague Dean (here's his old website which is waiting to be updated). It was for a CEO shoot. I'm a CEO too, but we were shooting a different CEO that day. I was just the stand-in.

Are you happy now lady?!

2 comments:

a camera in the world said...

probably time I updated mine, but no one cares enough to send me rude emails

microphen said...

i care. i'm just not rude enough to abuse you about your slackness.