Tuesday 28 November 2006

The Industrial

That Sunday David and I went out, I also came up with this idea (please refer to last paragraph here). Currently the series consists of two shots - taken on the same day, within 50metres and 15 minutes of each other.

Some may argue that much of my work, exhibition work anyway, asks questions of our use of land/the environment. I've played around ideas of the natural versus the unnatural in a few bodies of work, though in a quiet, non-confrontational kind of way. I'm not interested in the big blunt message, which only really allows for one interpretation.

The idea behind these works was to explore the way we add 'nature' to our very unnatural settings. In an effort to beautify? To hide the development? To pretend we care about the environment? I don't know.

What I like about these is how the trees are so very obviously cared for; the pride of the factories on whose land they sit.

No comments: