Wednesday 1 November 2006

The Aberhart

When I was down south earlier this year I was cruising around Akaroa looking for places to stay which were listed in my five year old Rough Guide. There was supposed to be a good place well out of town. It turned out to be the most uninviting campground ever - no signage, and a big gate. I decided not to stay there.

But this church was just down the road. And I just had to go in and pretend I was Laurence Aberhart.

So I possibly failed in my hopes, but it is a lovely old church. And small. I had to have the camera back against the door with my widest lens. There was barely room for me to stand.

In case you couldn't guess this is the outside. I had to stand on my camera cases to get the right height - a rare occurence for me. And I had to contend with two young locals and their dog thinking my rickety tripod would be fun to play on. They were wrong.

1 comment:

a camera in the world said...

I like the interior shot, very Aberhart. Where is the shot of the dog? :-)