Thursday 16 November 2006

The Darkroom

Who'd've thought it eh? Me setting up a darkroom in my home. With a few pieces of builders plastic (thanks to last week's shoot), a $3 tarp from Mitre 10, and the wife's ironing board, I managed to turn my bathroom into a suitable substitute for the real thing. Sure I had to wait until after 10pm to get going but when needs must ...

But Mr Microphen sir, it's not very dark. And where's that nice red light thing?

Well for the work I do in the darkroom I only require two states - light and dark. None of this namby pamby I'm afraid of the dark whore lighting for me.

Bit of a mess really. I don't think it will become a regular habit really.

And for the record, for all you anal retentive technophile types, the roll of 120 was actually developed in Microphen (ring any bells?!) - admittedly old stuff that'd been sitting around unused for nearly a year. The sheets were developed in Rodinal, which Agfa no longer makes (thanks guys), so if any of you are sitting on any of this I'll gladly take it off your hands.

3 comments:

a camera in the world said...

....actually, someone has taken over making Rodinol and it is now avaiabile again

microphen said...

... but who?

a camera in the world said...

A & O in Germany took it over, it's certainly in stock in lots of european stores like silverprint. Will see if there is any localy that I can get for you