Tuesday 14 September 2010

The MVP

Last Saturday night (Sept 11), in commemoration of some event some place some years back, our hockey club had its annual prizegiving.

I attended for the first time ever.

This season has been good fun, for one reason or another - and certainly not cos we were a winning team (cos we weren't). It was also remarkably injury free - for me. The worst injury I sustained was thanks to the over-exuberance of a sideline 'nurse' who sprayed a bit too much coldspray on a bump on my wrist resulting in an ugly looking coldburn - thanks Gus.

However, there was vague excitement last night when I walked off with MVP for our team. I say vague excitement cos really there was no competition.

Here's the awesome trophy I get to keep. I should have a couple more of these somewhere, but they never made it to me.

There's also a cup which I get my name on but don't get to keep.

And the winning didn't stop there. Older Bro #1 got the MV Goalie award. Primarily cos he played for two different teams most weekends, and maybe as a reward for breaking his wrist a couple of weeks back while making a (hopefully spectacular) save, playing the rest of the game, then deciding a couple of days later that a trip to the hospital might be in order.

They built us Palmers hard ... or stupid.