Saturday 18 September 2010

The Comic

I like getting mail.

Real mail I mean.

Physical stuff. From the PO Box.

Yesterday, for example, this arrived.

Admittedly I had to pay moneys in order to get it, but that's okay.

Especially when it comes with such a nasty warning.

Inside the envelope was, surprisingly enough, a comic.

This one.

Apparently it's a conversation about writing, art and stories. Oh - and monsters ...


I shall soon read it and see if that is correct.

But as it's by Dylan Horrocks and Emily Perkins, both folk I appreciate and admire, I don't really care what it's about.

By no coincidence at all, the other day I finally got around to buying the re-release (the first New Zealand edition!!) of Dylan's superb Hicksville, having read it years ago.

And, for those of you interested, I've also finally started this thing up again after an 18 month layoff.

No comments: