Wednesday 11 November 2009

The Valid

I've already Facebooked this (come on be my [Facebook] friend) but it's so exciting that I have to leak it all over the net (get it?!).

I have been publicly validated. I will even forgive them the copyright infringement.

I was privately validated on the weekend. When complete strangers (okay I knew who they are) clearly engage with and then compliment you on your work it is validating.

For a while this year I had the feeling that no one was engaging with my work. I know there were times when I was struggling with the engagement myself. Clearly though, the message is there; it just requires some thought to extract it.

For the record my installation includes seven works and is on show at Massey School of Fine Art until Sunday (I think).

No comments: