Wednesday 18 November 2009

The Highconceptcommercialphotographer

Once upon a time I once had a thought about truly tackling the world of commercial photography.

So much so that, once upon a time, I spent a week in the studio working on a portfolio of images.

The initial shots were, well, mucky. But during that time I conceived something else.

Something original even (possibly, arguably).

Little did I know that my simple idea was going to be a hell of a difficult thing to actually capture in camera.

A hell of a difficult!! Because I had decided, even in those somewhat digital days, that I wanted to make as much of the image in-camera, with little post-production.

Each set up took two days to not get a fully realised version.

And I always thought there should be 3 photos in the series, but I couldn't come up with a decent third idea.

Needless to say, these amounted to nothing. The photos needed grading etc. From someone other than me.

I moved on to other things. So the many, many sheets of film I shot that week have languished unseen in storage for the past four years.

Until now.

5 comments:

a camera in the world said...

you'll clean up!

birdman said...

an iron?

microphen said...

now you mention it. yes. i did think about an iron, and i may even have had a play, but discounted it on the basis that the only ones that would cast an interesting shadow were those old non-electric ones. and that just didn't quite fit the highconceptcommercialphotographer concept.

birdman said...

might have made the concept a little higher. but less commercial I suppose.

but think of the irony

(sorry)

microphen said...

commerce. irony. hmmmm.