Tuesday 17 February 2009

The Bluest

It was a small opening on Saturday. But I made a sale.

At least somebody bought one of my works and I had no part in the transaction whatsoever.

I had a thought a wee while ago, that (for me) group shows are analogous to soundtrack albums. I'm happy to be included and show work, as it's an outlet for work which probably won't make a full album (solo show), but it's not necessarily an indication of where I'm at or what I'm working on.

Blue is a case in point, though slightly different. My work is a discreet series, small in scale and number - any bigger would be too much. The works really grew on me once they were framed. So I'm hoping for more sales so I can afford to make my own set.

I know many of you won't get there, even though you really should but you're slackers so you won't, so here's a link to my pieces.

Titles (continuing a theme):
Look for the good in others and they’ll see the good in you
The continual theory of disappointment
The strange and conflicting emotions of separation and betrayal

And for Jodi cos I know after all our discussions she'd want to know what my frames looked like (not that this crop is a terribly good representation).

It's an interesting show, certainly one of the best group shows I've been in. From such a simple basis - "the show is called Blue" - a huge variety of works have arisen, and maybe because of the blue basis, it holds together surprisingly well.

Most works have blue elements, mine went for the blue tones in both colour and mood, for a multi-layered reading. Looking at the works I've produced in the past year there is a definite gothic undertone, something I was wanting for one piece, but it seems to have continued. Cool.

But the best work in the show is this one - And Noah sent a dove. It's awesome. In this writer's opinion it may well be the best individual piece that photographer has made. I want a copy. Okay David?!

4 comments:

a camera in the world said...

oh, okay then, if you really want one

microphen said...

oh yes, i really do want one.

jodi Ruth keet said...

Well those frames are VERY similar to the ones that I was going to have my images for that show framed in. Although it goes without saying that mine were better. but extremely expensive, hence the no show. Both yours and Davids look real good though! Wish i was there : )

microphen said...

yeah, ya bloody shoulda been there. both you and david! and lots of other people too!! bloody slackers!!!