Wednesday 22 October 2008

The Multi-

Tasked?! Talented?! Personalitied?!

As with the other day, again I hadn't shot the whole roll while on location. Though I think there may have been a fairly deliberate decision made on this occasion.

I kind of enjoyed that last experience - tripoding the camera, setting focus, using cable release, not really knowing what was in frame or in focus.

This time however I triple-exposed the same piece of film. It meant having to walk to the camera, remove the filmback, wind on (cock the shutter really), put the filmback back on, walk back and take the next exposure. So I was never going to be in the same place for all the shots.

It's kinda weird. I have done very little intentional multi-exposure. This time I over-exposed the first shot by a stop, then exposed the others at normal. It kinda worked.

I bumped into an old friend the other day. He said that I have a perpetually bemused look on my face. And I think I do when walking around. Due to my brain occupying itself with all sorts of rubbish. But interestingly when I photograph myself I often seem to have a perpetually concerned look.

I'm complex man.

6 comments:

a camera in the world said...

Very scary

Anonymous said...

I have noticed before that auto timers on camera shutters take just long enough to work that I start worrying if I actually set it up right. So on the rare occaision I take self portraits (atl twice so far) I tend to also look concerned.

jodi Ruth keet said...

bloody copycat

Anonymous said...

oh I've got one of those too. Just a little on the short side for self portraiture, unless I'm looking for a close up of my nose. Which is a shame really because it would be nice to demonstrate a greater range of expression than my "why hasn't that gone..oh" face.

Hey jodi, are you one third of "jet" in raglan, or is that some horrible evil competition (not that I've been there yet, but my flatmate came back raving about it)

microphen said...

as i am unsure if jodi will check these comments again. and as i am equally sure i can answer that question. the answer is no. if only because jrk no longer resides in that metropolis.

also they have a website and they don't match our (mine and jodi's) highbrowness.

jodi Ruth keet said...

hi birdman, microphen is right, it's not me... why, what is showing in there? Jet is a great place, but I havn't any work in there.