Wednesday 13 June 2007

The Copyist

I have a friend. And I like hassling her sometimes about the photos she takes. Particularly when they remind me of other people's shots. And in particular Peter Peryer's shots.

But I sometimes take photos myself because they remind me of other people's shots. Though not often of Peter Peryer's shots.

So when I knew I was going to be staying in Raglan, I knew there was one shot I had to take.

This one.

Check out the 'original'. It's funnest copying other images when they're only a vague memory in your mind. That way you get something different. Sometimes they're better. Sometimes they suck.

Anyway, that same walk back to where I was staying I took these shots too.


It was dark. I was cold. I had no tripod. I was using a camera I've had for years but never shot before - the Isolette III. And the rangefinder didn't work. It was fun.

1 comment:

microphen said...

hey, i was doing blurry out of focus photos before you were born lady!!