Monday 12 June 2006

The Paint




The problem with any creative endeavour is knowing.

Knowing that your idea is good. Knowing that you know what you're doing. Knowing what outcome you want. Knowing what you need to do to get there. Knowing that you're not just wasting time/film/money/energy/etc. Knowing that your idea is good. Knowing you're on the right track.

I was going to go out and shoot more of this yesterday. Even had the camera in the car. But ... I wasn't inspired.

I didn't know that the idea was good. I didn't know that I wasn't just wasting time/film/money/energy/etc. I didn't know that the idea was any good. I didn't know I was on the right track. I didn't even know what track I should be on.

I really think there is something here. But I'm not sure how photographic, or even photographable, it is. At the moment I'm seeing Michael Smither type untrue perspective style paintings. Sadly cameras can't throw perspective quite the way paintbrushes can. More sadly, give me a paintbrush and I couldn't even perspect, let alone throw it.

No comments: