Sunday 11 January 2009

The Nothingness

For quite a while now I've been thinking about photographing nothing.

It's a hard thing to do as photography involves recording light, and in order for light to be reflected, and therefore enable it to be recorded, there needs to be something for the light to reflect off of.

The other day, having only a few other things I should have been doing, I went out and made some images ... of nothing.





Thoughts appreciated.

And here's what I did for New Years - spending hours at the computer trying to make 174 photos look like one shot. Thanks Photoshop.

5 comments:

jodi Ruth keet said...

looks like somfing to me aow bro.

But really, interesting that you chose to shoot 'nothing' in colour, i like the idea of that, black and white would have been my first reaction.

microphen said...

interesting.

oddly enough, the thought of shooting anything in black and white hasn't actually occurred to me for months.

but why take photos of nothing in such a way that it emphasises the nothingness? isn't that just too obvious?

tomislav said...

It is for colour I think. I enjoy the work so much.

microphen said...

thanks tomislav.

see jodi, i knew what i was doing!!

jodi Ruth keet said...

there has to be a first time for everything I suppose